Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chicks in my house (pics!)

In the last post, I mentioned that I have chickens living in my bathroom. This is a true and delightful fact.




Look at them. Do you not feel your heart melting like so many icicles on a mid-March gutter? They are so cute and vacant and I want to push them around town in a stroller.

The chick to whom the chickens belong is Katie, a colleague of mine at the Quaker conference center. I once had a tremendous crush on Katie. Now she and I share the third floor of a house on-site. I communicate with her almost entirely via post-it notes stuck to the bathroom mirror.




As I was saying before, I had a crush on Katie. As you can see, our relationship now is strictly professional.

4 comments:

  1. I've conditioned myself with rigorous self-discipline over the years to try and avoid bad feelings like jealousy creeping in... but... you... have... chicks. And now, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it any consolation that they are becoming bigger, uglier, and stinkier with every passing second?

      Delete
  2. Man, you are just abusing the fact that Quakers are a non-violent people, aren't you? (I realize she may not be Quaker herself, but I assume when in Rome you're expected to act at least somewhat Roman)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the reason I could photograph those notes is because she never took them down and threw them out. It is a fond part of our neighborly rapport, and I'm wondering when and how I'll go too far.

      Delete